Friday, July 14, 2017

My Thoughts on Turning 27 (July 14, 2017)



Today is my birthday! I’m really excited for what this next year will hold in my life. Here are a few things I’ve learned about life, love and Jesus, at 27.

1.      His love never fails: Don’t roll your eyes. This is not a cliché’. This is a promise! If I’ve learned anything about God, it’s that His love for me is inexplicable and unwavering. His love truly provides perfect peace. His love is literally perfect. Being an ex-perfectionist, I’ve found that his strength is truly made perfect in my weakness and it truly is incredible.

2.      You might as well take a chill-pill and learn how to wait: I can be incredibly impatient! Blame it on being a millennial or on sin nature, but I HATE TO WAIT.  Something I’ve learned in my 27 years of life is that no matter how much I scream, cry, threaten to walk away from my faith, and throw an adult tantrum, none of those things move God. God is going to do, what He wants to do, when and how He wants to do it. It’s best to just chill and enjoy the journey, because at some point you are going to have to wait.

3.      Love this season: It’s easy for me to focus on the future and on the good things in my life to come. But, something I’ve learned is it truly best to be all here, right now. No matter how well planned our futures are, when we get there we will find they are still not perfect. In the future, there will be people you love who are no longer with you, friendships that have died, disappointments that have accrued. There is a season for everything and you cannot have the warmth of summer without the chill of winter. So, if you’re in summer embrace it. If you’re in winter embrace it. Whatever hypothetical season of life you are in, be sure to be completely, totally present.

4.      I’m really, imperfect: I’m like super broken. Extremely prideful. Sometimes insecure. Often selfish. And while the realization of those things, does not give me permission to ignore them, it does give me permission to trust that only Jesus can transform me. When you realize how imperfect you are, it’s a lot easier to stop trying to change yourself and instead learn how to rely on the transformative power of Christ.

5.      Perspective really is everything: Choose to see this life as a beautiful adventure. I can choose to see pain as an opportunity to love on someone else. I can choose to see disappointment as a glowing opportunity to be caught by surprise. I don’t have control over everything, but I have control over plenty of things and one of those things is my attitude and how I approach the world.

There are my thoughts on turning 27. I’m grateful to see another year. Heyyyyy 27, let’s do this!!!!

Xoxo,

Myah

0 comments:

Post a Comment