Friday, October 30, 2015

Resource Friday (October 30, 2015): Hosanna Poetry

What is resource Friday?
Every Friday I feature a musician, poet, author, entrepreneur or speaker who has incredible material. I love sharing Christian resources with my friends and family. I believe that as Christians we should help one another grow and one of the ways in which we can do that is by providing usable resources with one another. Every resource I suggest is of someone who's work I truly believe and use myself.


This weeks resource: Hosanna Wong of Hosanna Poetry
                                                                    Image Found Here
I stumbled onto Hosanna Poetry (full name Hosanna Wong) via one of those annoying Facebook ads. Normally, I skip pass the "you may know" and "things you may like" ads that Facebook, and nearly every other social network, has. I'm not sure why I decided to click on the Hosanna Poetry Facebook link that day but I am so glad I did. Upon first hearing Hosanna's poetry, I was absolutely hooked. I first listened to her poem "Beautiful Feet" which is based off of Romans 10:15 (and which happens to be one of my favorite scriptures) and I was so moved. This girl can flow! Her poetry is anointed, scripture filled and full of stories of her own struggles with issues such as sex, addiction, insecurity, etc. I respect Hosanna for laying it all out there and allowing the Lord to use her past pains to glorify Him. Hosanna's life story and poetry truly sing of God's redemptive love and forgiveness. Her album "Maps, Boots, and Other Ways We Get There" is amazing. Some of my favorites off the album are "These Waters", "Vintage Boots", "Images", "Walls", "Tsunami", "Draft One", and of course "Beautiful Feet." Hosanna's album can be purchased via iTunes. To find out more about her ministry especially her amazing initiative, Project Raindrop, check out her website: http://hosannapoetry.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment